Wednesday, October 17, 2007

You only get two picks!

Heard this afternoon at a truck stop while waiting to have my motor home serviced. A trucker with a tight deadline was impatient and continue to ask how much longer would he have to wait for service. The owner finally silenced him with the following statement. "We offer three things, quality, price and speed, but you only get to pick two out of that list". That silenced the impatient customer.

I had to wait a bit, but when the bill came to just about one-half of what I thought it would be, I told the manager that I was very happy to wait and was glad to do that as I felt they provided good service at a more than fair price.

2 out of 3 ain't bad! In baseball that might get you into the "hall of fame".

1 comment:

grammasue said...

Pretty impressive red dots:) If you only got 2 out of 3 favorable traits in a wife, what would they be?